Friday, March 30, 2007

Newsletter on its way...

Yup, just put about a hundred or so in the mail, and just finised up the rest! So from now on I will update my blog more regularly on the going-on's of life here in Philly and Eastern in the City.

I need to tangent for a moment to say that I love how in the Spring, even though it is only 54 degrees outside, I feel like I don't have to wear a jacket. And, I love how when it's sunny outside it makes me instantly more happy in the morning. It's really nice out today, and from where I am writing (in our student computer lab-- my officer computer has some sort of sickness, or as I said to a friend the other day, "my virus has a computer") I have a nice view overlooking the City of Philadelphia. I love looking at all the different buildings and rooftoops that almost seem to pile on top of eachother.

Today I am headed to a conference, the Pennsylvania Campus Compact Conference-- to learn and network with other service-learning professionals. The conference is title, "Ending Poverty- What Role do Campuses Play?" I am pretty excited about it; it comes at a time when I am working on developing our program for service-learning here at Eastern in the City. I am hoping to meet some new people and hear about different ways that other colleges and universities in the area are doing Service-Learning.

I have to do some research for a paper I'm writing before I head out-- on Urban Youth and Social Action. More updates to come.

2 comments:

CWW said...

do i get a newsletter?

CWW said...

i am tagging you. read my blog to see what this means, if you are even blogging anymore. is blogging outdated?