I couldn't do this alone...
Life has been pretty up and down lately. One moment I'm so excited about all the opportunities that have come up, the incredible people that I've met, and the possibilities for the future. The next minute I'll get overwhelmed by the fact that my position isn't quite settled, I haven't decided where to live long-term, and I don't know yet what church to commit myself too. Tonight I went to the cell group that I've been gong to for a while at Circle of Hope, and we talked about God's Faithfulness. It's amazing to me that I always seem to forget his faithfulness, and he proves it to me OVER and OVER and OVER again. Whether it's through providing me with a place to stay while I figure out my next steps, providing me with supporters in the midst of transition (even some new ones!), or putting the seemingly perfect job opportunity right in front of me. Despite my doubts and questions, God is faithful.
Not only is God faithful, I am constantly amazed at how faithful my friends and family are to me. Grace seems to flow out of people all around me all the time. Even from strangers! The other day I locked me keys in my car, and someone I just met helped me find someone else break into my car. People I don't know very well are graciously giving me time to make decisions about whether I will move in with them or not (although, time is running out). I often am reminded that I could never make it "on my own." Since moving back to Philly, without my housemates/co-workers from last year to come back to, I've had to become a lot more independent in order to live out the convictions I beleive God has placed on my heart (going to church by myself, finding a job, housing, etc.). The amazing thing is that I am never alone in my decisions. Why? Because no matter what, God keeps showing me his faithfulness. I don't always understand it. and it might take me a while to realize that he's faithful in all things (it's the lesson I keep learning). I'm thankful, more than I can say.
No comments:
Post a Comment